Federation of Uganda Football Association, Uganda’s football governing body, convened the 96th Annual Ordinary Assembly at Silver Springs Hotel, Bugolobi -Nakawa in the Kampala region on Saturday, 17th October 2020, from which it moved the motion of passing Judicial bodies.
In an event that was broadcasted on FUFA’s official media accounts on Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter, FIFA approved of the Judicial bodies that will be in place for the year 2020-21 that will be aimed at promoting discipline and guidance on legal issues in Ugandan football.
Eastern region delegate Amin Bbosa moved the motion to approve the members and he was seconded by Buganda region’s representatives in Steven Ssemutono and Joseph Mwanje.
The committees passed included the Fed committee, Competitions Disciplinary Panel, Investigations Chamber, Dispute Resolution Chamber, and Appeals Committee.
The Fed Committee will be headed by Dr. Azar Taib as the Chairperson and Yusuf Kaggwa as his Vice-Chairperson, Mr. Kabega Musa was appointed Chairman FUFA Investigatory Chamber whereas Hilal Hussein as his assistant and Twine Charles as a Member of the FUFA Investigatory Chamber.
Other committees created will have their leaders as follows:
- FUFA Dispute Resolution Chamber: Peter Emojong (Chairperson), Andrew Lule (Vice-Chairperson), Dan Obote (Member), Norbert Kazibwe (Member), Harriet Nattabi (Member)
- FUFA Appeals Committee: Diana Nabuuso (Chairperson), Mohammed Nuru (Vice-Chairperson), Sabiti Muwanga (Member), Livingstone Lajan (Member), Mark Namanya (Member)
- FUFA Electoral Committee (2020-2024):
Mathias Bwiire (Chairperson), Rita Aliguma (Member), Joram Katende (Member), Dennis Ojwee (Member), Richard Mpaaka (Member)
Substitutes: Moses Odong, Oscar Ngobi, Richard Barigye
- FUFA Appeals Electoral Committee: Yusuf Sulaiman Awuye (Chairperson), Stanely Kinene (Member), Favour Naima Anguko (Member)
- The FUFA Adjudicatory Chamber committee will be headed by Mr Ruta Darius as the Chairman, Mr.Katumba Hudson as his Vice-Chairman, and Mr Lwembawo Hussein, Sserunjoji Nasser, Kasalirwe Edrisa as Members
The event also saw FUFA recognize people that have contributed to the development of the football game in Uganda with plaques and hard cash equal to one million shillings.